Friday, January 2, 2009

Chris Isaaks - You're Killing Me, Please....


I so underestimated me & Training Buddy last night. We were ready to cash in the chips at 11:00pm but we made it to 12:30AM then headed for our place. Princess promptly fell asleep & it was a glass of port all around. Then 2 glasses of port, a couple of martinis and the room got hazy. Did I mention we were drinking martinis, beer, wine, prosecco, more beer before we went back to our place? It got ugly around 3:00AM so we hit the sack. I thought for sure we were so old we could never do more prosseco in the AM but I underestimated the ability of the the over 40crowd - we did just fine. And now I am sort of wide awake after Hubby went to bed, I listened to Father Figure ( George Michael), Nickle Creek, and the hot boy of them all Chris Isaaks' Please. I wish my girlfriend Ms. Nico's Mom was here - we would continue to listen to the ultimate party songs ever and feel like crap in the morning - love you girlfriend! I guess it is best I get to bed - again Happy 2009!

4 comments:

Shana said...

Sister, you party like a rock star.

I heart prosecco. Mightily.

What's your next "long" run? I hit a stall and have been maintaining with five mile runs three days a week, but need to do a distance push this weekend, so the goal is six miles on Sunday, two five milers during the week and seven miles next Sunday.

Of course, I am going to a blogger happy hour get together tonight, which might mean no run at all on Sunday. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

You are still my hero when it comes to alcohol consumption and functionality! How you do it is a mystery...let me guess, you probably went for a run the day after as well!!

Margy said...

Ok - both of you crack me up. The running is going OK - for long runs we are up to 9 miles. Trying to do 3-4 days of 3-5 miles but I must admit Training Buddy is more religious about this than I am. Therefore you will most likely be reading about all my pain and wishing I trained harder on Feb. 23..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.