My bloggy friend Carole has started this game again - thanks Carole! This weeks topic, Ten Books On My summer Reading List is a little hard for me. Not because I don't like to read - I LOVE to read but I work across the street from the library so usually just cruise over & pick up whatever catches my eye. But I'll try to pick 10.
1. Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'm anxious to see how different her perspective is since EPL.
2. Loving Spoonful:How Eight Chefs Saved My Life by Kim Severson, I heard her on NPR & she sounded like she has had quite the life.
3. A good mystery - usually I only like non-fiction books but I want to branch out a little.
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson - it is very popular & I've read good reviews.
5. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson - I checked it out but was not able to start it.
6. Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea - by Chelsea Handler. A pretty much summer read book recommended by a friend.
And the last 4 lifted from Carole's list because she is a librarian & probably knows a good book or two.
7. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender.
8. The Things That Matter: What 7 Classic Novels Have to Say About the Stages of Life by Edward Mendelson
9. Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth.
10. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith.
So do you have any suggestions or books you want to read this summer? Please comment!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Since I got my iPhone I have been also using the Nike+sensor to log my runs and this morning I moved out of the yellow zone (beginning zone - logging a total of 0-30 miles) to the orange zone - YEA!! And I got props from Lance Armstrong - his recorded voice told me that I logged my fastest mile to date - YEA again! Now I know that when you start out from 0 miles and really slow it can only get better but still....I feel pretty damn good today! Look out Philly Half Marathon - here I come!