Ok - for those of you who don't know what I am talking about - you can go to this web site to learn all about today, an ancient holy day. And for those of you who think, oh gosh - here she goes down the non-Christian road; that's not where I'm taking you. Even today's trick or treating has it's roots in pagan rituals.I've never really cared for Halloween, except when I was a kid, of course and got lots of candy. But even those days are distant memories to what kids today experience, group parties instead of all of the neighborhood trick or treating or trunk or treat, which to me seems like the laziest way to get candy, even though I suppose it's safe. ( and for you who again are freaked about the pagan vs. Christian thing? Many trunk & treats are sponsored by churches - so there!)
Whatever - with no kids I get to do what I dang well please so Hubby & I are going to a friend's house, my reiki buddy where we will no doubt have a marvelous time, practice some reiki healing like good witches and remember fondly those friends and family who are no longer with us.
Here is my Friday Fill In - hope you all have a great weekend!
1. My favorite food seasoning is salt.
2. Fred Eaglesmith(playing on the radio now) is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is something I feel every day, and blessed.
4. My relationship with friends and family is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people forget what's really important; see number 4.
6. My brand new Birkenstocks was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with friends, tomorrow my plans include my first "long" training run for a half marathon and dinner with some more friends and Sunday, I want to sleep in then watch the 'Fins win!