Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ten on Tuesday? Probably not....


Normally I like a good challenge and Ten On Tuesday can be sort of fun and it gives me something to blog about. But this week is stumping me Ten Songs That Describe Me or My Life. And the reason this is so hard is I like dark, sad, depressing songs but my life is really happy. There are a few happy songs I like as well - Blue Skies by Donna the Buffalo - go check out this You Tube link - it really is a happy song - so I'm not all that dark! So I don't know why the majority of the songs I like are dark. But speaking of music, our town has this great summer concert series called "Music on the River" and we are getting ready to pick our bands. It is a free concert series put on through the town Parks & Rec Commission but we do ask for donations. Our community is very generous and we have always been able to get good local bands, a name band or two and cover the costs. But this year, not so sure how big we'll be able to go as we can't count on the donations. We called about Donna the Buffalo last year but they were too pricey for our little Monday night, 2 hour free concert. I hope to catch them at a festival this summer. There are some pretty amazing festivals to choose from. I also like Family Picture by Donna the Buffalo - go check this video out - you'll have a smile on your face and your head will be bobbin!

Ok - I better go & check all the blogs I follow because I haven't for a few days and I need to know what these people are up to. Only 5 days until the half marathon - keep thinking positive thoughts for Training Buddy & I!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Just in case I am passed out in the French Quarter and forget to say it... Good Luck with the Half Mary! I am feeling pretty jealous that you're there and I am so far from being there. I've totally lost my running mojo. And? Don't really care. But I realllllly want to be able to say I did it. And in five days? You'll have done it!

Margy said...

Thanks - I hope you are having fun in the French Quarter - that sounds way better than the Half Mary but I agree - it will be nice to be done with it!