Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Well Oil Beef Hooked


Happy St. Paddy's day! My favorite memories of St. Paddy's day - well those I can remember, often involve hanging out at the Irish Cottage Pub in Delray Beach Florida. It started out as a little pub in an old garage. Small, filled with atmosphere & the closest thing to a "real" Irish pub that I had ever seen. We used to go there quite regularly on a Saturday night for dinner & traditional Irish music with Nico's Mom & Dad. Good food, good pints and fun music. The house band always sang The Old Shillee & that was usually a sign it was time to go home. One night, there was a girl visiting from NYC and she got up and sang Danny Boy - she was a student at Julliard and when she sang I understood what the big deal was about the song - there was not a dry eye in the house.

I also have awesome memories of our trip to Ireland with my Mom 3 years ago. One place I have traveled that I would go back to in a heart beat.

So enjoy the day - I'll raise a pint of Guinness to Sean & the boys for all the awesome memories - and the title of my post? It was featured on their St. Paddy's day t-shirts - say it with an Irish brogue and a twinkle in your eye- just like Sean used to do!

No comments: