Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Head South HB and It's Cocktail Time Because I'm on Vacation!


Today is the big day - we are off to Santiago Chile, then Ushuaia, Argentina and ending our two week tour in Buenas Aries. We just finished packing and only started packing about an hour ago - one bag each for two weeks. It isn't as hard as I thought. But I must admit I packed an empty bag that I can fill with vaca stuff for the trip home.

In Santiago it will be cool but not cold, snowing in Ushuaia and warm again in Buenas Aries. I will try to post a couple of times from the road if I can. The house sitter/kitty sitter is all set, plenty of food & booze in the house for them and I think we are ready to hit the road. We may try to hash in Santiago and are going to take our time and do what we want everywhere.
This will be one of the first drinks I try! They say it was invented in Peru but I have read every South American country has their version of the drink - sounds nummy!

Pisco Sour


Ingredients
1/4 cup (2 oz.) pisco
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon pasteurized egg whites
Preparation
In a blender, whirl 3 ice cubes, pisco, sugar, fresh lime juice, and egg whites. Whirl until smooth (you'll no longer hear the ice cracking against the side of the blender) and serve straight up in a martini glass with a dash of aromatic bitters and a wedge of lime.
Cheers!

No comments: