I am having problems cutting and pasting from Friday Fill ins - damn you Blogger! So manually ( yuk) here we go!
1. I grew up thinking I could be anything I wanted to be (thanks Mom!)
2. Yahoo was the last website I was at before I came here.
3. Why don't you make me a martini, Hubby?
4. Meditating helps me relax.
5. Thanks for the dent in my truck to whoever hit me last night in the Goodspeed parking lot.
6. All the Jon & Kate stuff and Miss California getting fired is very off putting, because quite frankly the J&K stuff is so sad for the kids and anyone who has been through a divorce doesn't want to watch a marriage die in front of them and Miss CA who really cares?!
7. And for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a martini and watching the Sox - Yankees game, tomorrow my plans include taking Hubby to NYC for a birthday trip & hanging out with Mr. & Mrs. Training Buddy who are celebrating their anniversary and Sunday I want to sleep in at the Algonquin Hotel and then go have a great breakfast in NYC!
So after we get the cat/house sitter all set up, we may go ahead and have a Manhattan - get it?! We are going to NYC! Ha - that humor is not even martini enhanced! I am not much of a whiskey drinker anymore - thanks to my friend Tim who used to buy my shots of whiskey all the time. But here is the recipe - a classic.
11/2 oz. Canadian whisky
3/4 oz dry vermouth
1/4 vermouth rosso
dashed Angostura bitters
Stir well in a mixing glass filled with ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with cherry.