Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Fill - Ins and It's Cocktail Time!



I am having problems cutting and pasting from Friday Fill ins - damn you Blogger! So manually ( yuk) here we go!




1. I grew up thinking I could be anything I wanted to be (thanks Mom!)


2. Yahoo was the last website I was at before I came here.


3. Why don't you make me a martini, Hubby?


4. Meditating helps me relax.


5. Thanks for the dent in my truck to whoever hit me last night in the Goodspeed parking lot.


6. All the Jon & Kate stuff and Miss California getting fired is very off putting, because quite frankly the J&K stuff is so sad for the kids and anyone who has been through a divorce doesn't want to watch a marriage die in front of them and Miss CA who really cares?!


7. And for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a martini and watching the Sox - Yankees game, tomorrow my plans include taking Hubby to NYC for a birthday trip & hanging out with Mr. & Mrs. Training Buddy who are celebrating their anniversary and Sunday I want to sleep in at the Algonquin Hotel and then go have a great breakfast in NYC!


So after we get the cat/house sitter all set up, we may go ahead and have a Manhattan - get it?! We are going to NYC! Ha - that humor is not even martini enhanced! I am not much of a whiskey drinker anymore - thanks to my friend Tim who used to buy my shots of whiskey all the time. But here is the recipe - a classic.


Manhattan Perfect


11/2 oz. Canadian whisky

3/4 oz dry vermouth

1/4 vermouth rosso

dashed Angostura bitters

stemmed cherry


Stir well in a mixing glass filled with ice, strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with cherry.


Cheers!

No comments: