Saturday, June 27, 2009

Friday Fill - Ins, Saturday morning addition and It's Cocktail Time!



I like the option of doing Friday Fill Ins on Saturday morning - usually on Friday nights I just want to chill away from a computer. And I can taste the proposed cocktail - just to make sure I'd want to share. So here we go!




1. She had a great idea to make cocktails from St. Germain, that Nico's Mom did - it's my new favorite mixer!


2. My guardian angel is by my side, always.


3. I know this: I need some time to just chill this weekend.


4. still.


5. These words apply to me: happy it's the weekend and we don't have any major, big productions going on.


6. When I woke up this morning the sun was shining - YEA!


7. And as for the weekend, tonight (last night) I'm looking forward to my Friday night martini and fish on the grill and Saturday my plans include getting my hair cut and going to a Rock cats baseball game and Sunday, I want to sleep in!




And now - my new favorite mixer and surely the best summer drink since lemonade. And as much as I love me a good mojito - they are too trendy so I'm sticking to this one. We had to order it from the local packy( thanks gang at Moodus Package!) but they are very nice about ordering me special stuff. This is another french liquor - St. Germian, made from elderflower blossoms. It is so nice, a little cirtusy but not too sweet or strong. The bottle we got came with a very fancy mixing glass and a great recipe book. I can't wait to try some of this with champagne - maybe tonight after the baseball game! This stuff is good, really really really good- so run out and get some and let me know if you enjoy it as much as I did! And definately check out the recipe section of their web site - it is very funny along with some great recipes. The recipe below (copied word for word) was in our little recipe book & it is awesome!


St. Tropez

1 shot Citron vodka

1 shot St. Germain

1/2 shot fresh lemon juice

top with tonic or soda water


Method: Shake first three ingredients with ice and strain into an ice filled Collins glass.Top with tonic or soda water, garnish with a lemon twist, a white bikini , and an azure pool heated to preciously 82 degrees F.

No comments: