Thursday, September 18, 2008

Let's Run a 1/2 Marathon - it will be Fun!



I guess it is time to start the posting about my next, new exciting adventure - dealing with getting old. I don't want this to turn into a diet blog (yuk - boring for even me when it's about me) or a running blog because that would be too too funny since I haven't run in about 4 years. So I'll mention it (the diet part) here but then move on. Since I'm comfortably in my 40's - my metablolism has slowed down which sucks because now I appreciate good fun & wine and boy do I appreciate it! I left out the part of our NASCAR trip where we went to the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, New Hampshire. God, was it ever good! Pictures on the wall of all the famous folks (mostly politicians) who have visited - I sat where Al Gore sat and came out of there looking like him before he slimmed down a little bit. I had Chicken Fried Steak with a side of mash potatoes & gravy and mac & cheese with a root beer (diet of course!). We (4 of us) did split the most amazing piece of lemon meringue pie and left there beyond Thanksgiving full. So.. I'd like to say that was the worst I ate but I can't say that. When I got back home & only 2 pairs of work pants fit and I looked at some old photos ( depressing) I decided it was time to get back on the wagon so to speak and decided to not only watch my weight (hint hint) but also run a 1/2 marathon! I'd been hinting around at the 1/2 marathon idea with my friend Belle ( don't have permission to use her real name but you know who you are) and we sort of decided on this one.

Registration opens this Saturday - yippee! Now I need to get me a new pair of running shoes and start training...I mean running. Anyone want to join us?? Come on it will be fun and at least it's not a full marathon! Let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady...since you are the ONLY person who was able to sucker me into a Marathon...give me the deets on the 1/2 and I may sign on....

Anonymous said...

oops....that last "anonymous" was me, Dolan!

Margy said...

Will do on private e-mail - it is going to be ever so much fun! I even bought me some new shoes!